The Gerety Awards are open to all advertising agencies, advertisers, studios and production companies worldwide. Both national and international campaigns may compete. Entries submitted must be broadcast, published or released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1 January 2020 and the final closing date.
The entry fee for a single entry is €290. The entry fee for the Portfolio cut is €600. Campaign entries are charged per execution. Entry fees must be paid by cheque, credit card or bank transfer (see bank details below).
By uploading and submitting entries to the competition online, entrants undertake to pay the corresponding registration and entry fees. All entries submitted to the competition will be judged, and the payment of fees will be due, unless the entries are withdrawn, in writing, before April 14th.
ENTRY FEES SPECIFICATIONS
Cheques should be drawn on a bank in France.
Credit card payments must be made online and include a 3% charge per transaction. Transfers should include all bank charges. Invoices are due for payment upon receipt, those that are not paid within 30 days will be subject to a late payment fee of 2% per month.
HOW IT WORKS
The Awards will reward highest and purest of creative excellence in advertising and communications. Entries will be judged on the originality of the creative ideas and the quality of their executions.
A numerical voting system will be used and winners will be determined by the absolute scores achieved regardless of the product advertised or medium submitted.
The Awards encompass EIGHT mediums of entry within each CUT which includes: TV/Cinema, Print, Alternative, Online films, Digital, Radio, Product & Design, Integrated and Campaigns. Both national and international work may compete.
Work may be submitted as single entries and/or as a campaign entry where the force of the creative idea is enhanced by a series of different executions.
TV/Cinema, Print, Alternative, Online films, Digital, Radio, Product & Packaging design, Campaigns and Integrated entries will be grouped together in the CUT they were entered for judging.
International Executive juries from around the world will determine a short-list of finalists that will be submitted to an International Grand Jury of creative experts for final evaluation. Each entrant authorizes the organizers to duplicate their entries digitally for this purpose in the event that their entries are short-listed.
The votes of the International Grand Jury will determine the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze winners of the competition.
Winners will receive trophies. Gold, Silver and Bronze must reach a pre determined score. ONE Grand Prix can be awarded in each CUT, but only if the Grand jury majority decide a gold winner in that cut is deserving of Grand Prix.
Beneficiary: The Gerety Awards, 13 rue Ernest Lefevre, 75020 Paris, France.
Bank Name & Address: Credit Du Nord, 15, Place d’Aligre, 75012 Paris, France.
IBAN: FR76 3007 6043 4913 9409 0020 011
BIC/Swift Address: NORDFRPP
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
All TV/Cinema/Online Film and Music Video entries must be submitted online. All universal formats are accepted. All Radio commercial entries must be submitted online via all universal formats.
For judging purposes, submitting your entry in English is strongly recommended. Non-English entries must be dubbed in English and a written translation is also required.
MORE TO KNOW
Companies based in France will be charged French TVA (VAT) at the prevailing rate. Entries from all other countries are exempt from French TVA in application of articles 259 A-C of the CGI (French tax code). All Interactive entries must be submitted online as a Video Presentation which illustrates a full ‘explanation’ of the entry.
To promote the Awards and secure media coverage for Gerety winners and finalists each entrant authorises the organisers to copy their entries and to produce images from their films to appear in books, magazines and newspapers that publish information on advertising or marketing internationally.
LAST TO KNOW (BUT NOT LEAST)
Each entrant also authorises the organisers to duplicate and digitise their entries within an international compilation of finalist and award-winning commercials on the internet for non-broadcast information purposes.
Under no circumstances shall the organisers, their authorised representatives be held responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges in connection with the activities described in rules above. Each entrant agrees to hold the organisers and their authorised representatives harmless against any claims in these respects.
1. Who is the controller of my personal data?
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you, including:
Collection directly from you: Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you. You may give us your name and contact details when filling in forms or corresponding with us by email, phone, mail, in person or otherwise including when you:
• subscribe to our services, products or email alerts; and
• buy or express an interest in our products and services (including attending an event).
Automatic collection: We automatically collect technical information when you use our websites, for example, IP address, log-in data, browser type, time zone setting and location and plug-in types when you interact with our websites. We also collect data through cookies. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
Collection from other sources: We may collect information about you from third parties and public sources (such as public databases and social media websites). This is to ensure we have accurate, up to date or necessary information for us to communicate with you or to provide the best possible service. The types of information we may collect includes personal details (including name, age, gender and other demographic data) and contact information (including postal address and telephone numbers).
3. For which purposes and on which legal basis do we process your personal data?
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data and which legal basis we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
|Necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.||Complying with legal requirements.|
|Necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.||Managing our contractual relationship with you.|
|Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of our business operations.||Operating and managing our business operations and/or improving our products, service and event experience.|
|Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring that we can conduct and increase our business.||Marketing or communicating information to you related to our products and services, unless you have objected to such processing, as further described in the section 4 “How do we use personal data for direct marketing purposes?” We may also share personal data with our affiliates for this purpose, as further described at section 7.|
|Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring we can conduct and increase our business and those of our business partners.||Sharing personal data with selected partners (including sponsors), as further described in section 7.|
|Sharing personal data with selected partners (including sponsors), as further described in section 6 below.||Monitoring your use of our systems (including using technical tools to automatically monitor the use of our website and any apps and tools you use).|
|Monitoring your use of our systems (including using technical tools to automatically monitor the use of our website and any apps and tools you use).||Improving the security and functioning of our website, networks and information.|
|Justified on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of our business operations.||Undertaking data analytics, i.e. applying analytics to business operations and data to describe, predict and improve business performance within Gerety Awards and/or to provide a better user experience.|
4. How do we use personal data for direct marketing purposes?
We may send you marketing communications to keep you up to date with our products and services, including those we think may be of interest to you.
Do we send targeted e-mails? We send targeted electronic direct marketing to business contacts at our clients or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Our electronic direct marketing typically includes web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in an electronic direct marketing message, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
Do we maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases? Like most companies, Gerety Awards uses customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to business contacts at our clients and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information such as: contact data, publicly available information (e.g. board membership, published articles, press releases, your public posts on social media sites if relevant for business purpose), your responses to targeted electronic direct marketing (including web activity following links from our e-mails), website activity of registered users of our website and other business information included by Gerety Awards professionals based on their personal interactions with you.
5. What about sensitive data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories of personal data) from individuals and we request that you please do not submit sensitive data to us. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy law requirements and/or ask for your consent.
The term “sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).
6. Do we combine and analyse personal data?
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children. We do not knowingly contact or collect information from persons under the age of 18. The website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
If you believe that we have received information pertaining to or from persons under the age of 18 please contact us at
7. Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may share personal data with the following categories of recipients:
• Our affiliates, so they can send you communications about their products and services (as further described in section 3 above)
• Our third-party service providers, including IT service providers, marketing automation, solutions and analytics providers, marketing agencies, professional advisors, and
• Our selected partners, representatives and sponsors, for example we may share attendee lists with event sponsors so that they can better plan their sponsorship to enhance attendee experience and, where applicable, to choose invitees to private briefings, meetings or dinners, or we may make available contact details to create marketing opportunities in certain industries and markets.
We may also share your personal data with public and governmental authorities if we are required to do so, or with third parties in connection with potential corporate or commercial transaction.
Before we share your personal data with any third parties, we take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection in accordance with relevant data privacy laws and Gerety Awards’ internal policies.
8. How long will your personal data be retained by us?
We retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that in determining how long your information will be stored, we will consider:
• the purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future;
• our global legal and contractual obligations; and
• what information we need to manage your relationship with us and to develop and deliver our products and services.
9. Do we transfer your data internationally?
As we are a global organisation with a presence in a number of jurisdictions and countries, we may transfer your personal data to our affiliates internationally. If you are located in the EEA, this may involve transferring your data outside the EEA. To ensure that such transfers are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights, any inter-company transfers of personal data are covered by agreement(s) which contractually oblige(s) us to ensure adequate and consistent levels of protection wherever personal data is transferred within our group of companies.
We may also share your personal data with third parties (see section 6), some of which are based outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded it by ensuring appropriate safeguards are implemented, for example we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission.
Please contact us (see our details at section 10 below) if you would like further information on the mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
10. Embedded content from other websites
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our home page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
12. Data Security.
We maintain organisational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake, including as appropriate:
• The pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data;
• The ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
• The ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident; and
• A process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of personal data.
13. Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?
If you are based within the EEA, you may be entitled under certain circumstances to:
• Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data;
• Request a rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Gerety Awards no longer processes your personal data;
• Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes;
• Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that Gerety Awards only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent;
• Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to Gerety Awards, or request Gerety Awards to transmit such personal data to another data controller;
• Request not to be subject to any decision that significantly affects you being taken by automated processing, including profiling.
If you are based in CALIFORNIA you have many of the rights set out at section 11 and you are entitled under certain circumstances to:
• Request access to certain information about the personal data we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
14. What if you have questions or want further information?